The terminology section of our guide serves as a glossary and brief introduction of the terms used throughout QuickDesk. We’re constantly adding new features and functions and might miss out something from time-to-time; if there’s anything you’re unclear about please feel free to ask us through our web chat app!
The leads spreadsheet is a repository of all the lead and customer contacts you have in QuickDesk. This is where you can perform most of the functions in QuickDesk, such as managing contact information, communications, note taking, and task and appointment setting.
Here are some of the terms you will find on the leads spreadsheet:
- Lead: A lead is any person or entity that has the interest, authority and finances to purchase a product or service.
- Type: Type describes whether the lead is a person or a company.
- Source: Source describes where you collected your lead from – for example it could be an event or place or you met the lead at, or referrals received from partners or customers
- Tags: Tags are keywords or terms that can be used to categorize your leads, and are useful when you need to retrieve specific customer segments quickly. For example, if you have leads which require more attention than others, adding a “Priority” tag to them can help you differentiate them from other leads.
- Status: Status refers to the stage in the sales cycle the lead is at:
- New – completely fresh leads that you have not contacted before.
- Approached – leads that have been engaged with before but are not yet considered likely to be a customer
- Potential – leads that are judged to be likely customers for your product or service
- Won – leads that have been successfully converted into paying customers.
- Lost – leads or customers that have chosen not to purchase the products or services offered.
- Not Now – leads that might be potential customers but are not ready to make a purchase at the moment.
The calendar gives users an overview of their schedule and allows for tasks and appointments to be set.
- Task refers to pieces of self-assigned work designated to be completed within a certain timeframe.
- Appointment refers to agreements with leads or customers for a meeting or some other form of communication.
- Agenda is a sequential list of all tasks and appointments you have in your schedule.
The history page lists records of all emails, calls, and SMSes made to your leads and customers via QuickDesk.
The files page allows you to upload files that you might use frequently in your sales activities, such as approach scripts, quotations, or other sales aids. From here, you can also organize all your uploaded files and attach files to particular leads.
- When you first enter QuickDesk, you’ll be prompted to enter your telephone number. Enter and verify your phone number if you want to begin calling and SMSing immediately.
- If you choose not to do so, you can still setup your number by accessing Settings from drop down menu on the top right-hand corner, going to the Phone tab under Integrations and completing the activation.
- An email will also be sent to you to confirm your email address, following your account registration on QuickDesk. Confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email message if you wish to begin emailing.
- Under Pages on the sidebar menu, select Leads from the drop-down list. This will bring you to the leads spreadsheet.
- Then, select the person you wish to contact by right clicking on their entry to bring up their contact card. The contact card can also be accessed by searching for the person in the search bar located at the top of the screen.
- To call, SMS or email the lead, click on the respective icons within the Contact section. This will open up respective widgets, from which the communication can be made.
- To record a call, click the record button within the call widget. The recording can later be retreived from the activity tab in the Extended View of the card, by clicking the microphone button under the logged call.
- Under Dashboards on the sidebar menu, select Hunter from the drop-down list. This will bring you to the Hunter dashboard that allows communication with multiple leads.
- Select the leads you want to contact using the checkboxes to the left of the leads’ names. You can make use of the filters to narrow down your leads according to their source, status, or tags.
ADD TO HUNT LIST, followed by
- On the next page, you’ll be able to select from a list of actions including Autodialing, SMS and email to carry out your mass communication.
Leads Spreadsheet Features
The leads spreadsheet is where you can add, edit, manage and interact with leads quickly and easily.
- Click the
Leadsbutton on the sidebar menu.
- Click the
Add Leadbutton on the top right of the page.
- Select either to add a Person or Company depending on the type of lead you are handling
- You can also add leads on the Hunter page using the
Add Leadbutton located on the filter panel.
- Click the Add Lead button on the top right of the Lead Spreadsheet.
- Click Import.
- Choose either
Import Personto add individual leads or
Import Companyto add several leads from the same company.
- Select and upload the file containing your leads’ details. The file formats accepted are the .xls, .xlsv, or .csv format.
- You’ll be brought to the step called Columns. Check to see if QuickDesk has organized your category headers correctly. Typically, QuickDesk will automatically and correctly match the headers appropriately, but if it doesn’t, you can manually drag and drop the headers into the corresponding categories on the QuickDesk import interface.
- Once your sorting is done, you will be brought to the Extras step. Here, you can indicate where the leads imported were gathered from under Source. You can also create Tags to identify the group of leads imported. Default status allows you to classify which stage of the sales process you are at with the imported leads.
- Select a Country Code for the imported contact numbers. This will be applied to the numbers without an already existing country code.
- After you’re done with the extras, the Confirmation step gives you a preview of how the leads uploaded to QuickDesk will look. If there are any mistakes in the arrangement, you can return to the previous steps by clicking on the tabs above.
- Once you are ready to upload the information, hit
Confirm. Your imported leads will now be reflected in the Leads spreadsheet.
There are 2 ways to edit leads’ information:
- You can edit lead details directly from the leads spreadsheet by double clicking on the specific cell you wish to edit. OR
- Edit details through the Contact Card.
- Right click on the lead to open the Contact Card.
- Click the More tab on the top right corner to begin editing. The detailed contact card will appear.
- To edit Contact Information, Click on the Edit button. To add tags to the lead, simply type in the field. You can also add additional info by clicking on the Add button. To edit the name of the lead, click on the pencil icon next to the lead’s name at the top left corner. The bottom pop up will appear.
There are 2 ways to remove a lead from QuickDesk:
- Delete a lead through the leads spreadsheet.
- Choose the lead you want to delete by selecting the checkbox at the left of the lead’s name. The lead’s row will be highlighted.
- Click the
ACTIONSbutton. A drop-down list will appear. Select Delete.
- Delete a lead through the lead’s Contact Card.
- Right click on the lead to open his/her Contact Card.
- Click on the More tab.
- On the top right corner of the Contact Card widget, click the Down Arrow icon
- Select Delete.
In both instances a confirmation message will appear. Confirm the deletion only if you are certain that you want to remove the selected, lead as this action cannot be undone.
You can search for leads using the search bar located at the top of screen. The search bar is a static feature that you can access from anywhere within QuickDesk.
As your contacts grow, it might get overwhelming to keep track of all other miscellaneous columns of information. To tackle this, click on the
Display button at the top right corner of the leads spreadsheet and check only those columns you need to see.
For your convenience, the columns have been sorted alphabetically so you are able to quickly display or hide columns.
You can apply filters to display only the leads you need. To do so, click
Filter on the top right corner of the leads spreadsheet. From there, you can select filters according to the category and value you need.
For example, you might only want to see leads that have been approached. In this case, you would filter the leads using the category “Status”, and the value “Approached”.
Contact Card Features
The Contact Card is a widget that gives you all the information you have about a lead in a simple, single view. Think of it like a patient’s card at the doctor’s: you can view the lead’s details, your upcoming appointments with him/her, interaction history, notes, and even attachments.
The contact card can be accessed by right-clicking on a lead. This action will trigger the pop-up contact card.
The Info section provides a quick overview of a lead’s basic information, such as contact details, upcoming tasks and appointments with the lead. An
ADD NEW button allows you to set new tasks or appointments for the lead. The section also reflects the tags the lead has been given.
The Notes section displays all notes written about your lead. More notes can be added with the
+ADD NOTE button at the top right corner of the section.
More (Detailed View)
Clicking More opens a detailed view of the Contact Card, explained further in the next section.
Edit Contact Information
On the left side, you will be able to edit the Contact’s basic information. From this view, you can also easily contact the Lead by either a call, an SMS or an email.
If the Contact is shared with a View Only status, an eye icon will appear next to the Contact Name in the upper left corner. If the user is allowed to edit the Contact, this eye will be replaced by a pencil icon.
Here you can view the interaction history with the Lead, and set tasks as well as appointments by clicking the ‘+’ icon in the bottom right corner.
Quotations, Invoices and Deals
In these tabs, you will be able to access your Quotations, Invoices and Deals that you have made with the Contact.
In this view, you are able to add and edit notes. This is an easy way to store information about the contact with the Lead.
Here you can upload file attachments to the Contact. Each account has 1 GB of online storage space.
Goals and Statistics Feature
The Goals and Statistics tabs are two modules that allow you to set goals and keep track of your sales performance.
The Goals tab allows you to set a goal for yourself. Some of the targets you can set to achieve include: number of calls, appointments and/or closing appointments.
In the statistics tab, you will be able to track your performance during a certain time period. Click on the two date ranges at the top of the tab to select which date range you would like to track. The statistics tab will give you various information, such as:
- Number of SMS sent
- Number of phone calls made
- Number of emails sent
- Appointments and tasks created
- Total number of leads and leads breakdown according to statuses and categories
The Calendar feature in QuickDesk helps you keep track of all your tasks, appointments and events. If you have synced QuickDesk with your Google Calendar, the information logged from QuickDesk will appear in your Google Calendar as well.
Task & Appointment Features
- Click the
Addbutton on the top right of the page.
- Select Task. A new window will appear.
- In the Leads field, select the lead(s) associated with your task.
- Set the Due Date for the task.
- Input any additional information you have for the task under Description/Notes.
Save. Your task will be captured and reflected in the Calendar as well as the lead’s contact card.
- Click the
Addbutton on the top right of the page.
- Select Appointment. A new window will appear.
- In the Leads field, select the lead(s) associated with the appointment.
- Add a Title for the appointment.
- Select the Start and End Date for the appointment.
- State the Location of the appointment.
- Select the type of appointment: Fact Find, Presentation or Closing.
- Insert any additional information you have for the appointment under Description/Notes.
Save. Your appointment will be captured and reflected in the Calendar as well as the lead’s contact card.
You can edit saved tasks and appointments from two different places: Calendar and the lead’s contact card.
- Via Calendar
- Select the
Calendarpage on the sidebar menu.
- In the calendar, click on the task or appointment that you wish to change.
- Click on Edit. This will bring up the item details for the task or appointment. You can edit all information in the respective boxes.
Saveto confirm all changes.
- Select the
- Via Contact Card
- Select the
Leadspage on the sidebar menu.
- Open the contact card for the lead whose task, appointment or event with you want to edit.
- Select More on the top right corner of the contact card to open the expanded view.
- Under the tab Activities, the chronological view of all tasks and appointments with the lead will be reflected. Click on the pencil icon next to the task or appointment to bring up the item details. You can edit all information in the respective boxes.
- Click save to confirm all changes. You have edited the information
- Select the
Quotation and Invoice
If you have the quotation and invoice feature activated for your account, you will be able to view certain configuration in the settings menu that would not be visible otherwise. One of the most important things you need to do before using this feature would be to fill in your company information. Simply go to
Settings and select Company Info under the General settings.
Hint: We suggest you start by filling up some items, fees, and/or taxes that will appear often in your quotations and invoices to make things simpler for you in the future.
To create a quotation or invoice, you will have to input certain items, fees, and or taxes as required. Inside the Items/Fees/Taxes settings under Template, you will be able to create all these necessary information and save it as a template that you can use in future quotations and invoices that you will create. The maximum number for templates you can create for this would be 25, 10, and 5 for items, fees, and taxes respectively.
Here is how it looks after you input a few items into the templates
In order to create quotation or invoice template, simply head to
Settings and navigate to Quotation Template or Invoice Template under Quotations and Invoice and click
+ ADD. Inside the quotation and invoice template, there are a few things that you will want to set:
- Template Title: for your easy reference to the quotation or invoice template
- Description (Optional): if you want to add a description to this particular template to make it easier to understand
- Currency: the currency in which the quotation and invoice will be in
- Reference Numbering: all quotations and invoice will have a reference number. Set your quotation and invoice reference number here with a custom prefix you can set up
- Items, Tax, and Other Fees: Fill this as required
Once you have set up all the necessary requirements (templates and company information, for instance), you can proceed to create a quotation for your leads. Click
Add new from your lead’s contact card and click on Quotation or Invoice. For quotation, you can choose to create one using a template or from scratch (blank template).
For invoice, in addition to creating one using a template or from scratch, you can choose to create an invoice based on a quotation that you have created previously for that lead. Isn’t that convenient?
You will then be able to create reminder to help you follow up with the leads in the future. Then, an email widget will be created and you will be able to send the newly created quotation and invoice to the lead (if you have their email address). Take a look at the example email below where John is sending a quotation to his customer:
Once created, your quotation and invoice will be stored in QuickDesk until you delete them. There are two ways which you can access quotations and invoices you have created:
- Go to your lead, and navigate to Quotation or Invoice tab, depending on what you are looking for.
- Go to the Files Page, navigate to Quotation folder. Both quotations and invoices you have created are stored in that folder. You are able to download these files (in pdf format) here by clicking on the Actions drop-down button
If you have not set up a reminder for a certain quotation or invoice, or perhaps you have accidentally closed the email widget by accident, you can achieve those from the contact card activity, quotation, or invoice tab.
QuickDesk can be synced with your Google account so that all tasks and appointments made in QuickDesk also show up on your Google Calendar.
- To do so, access Settings from the top right hand menu, then go to the Google Calendar tab under Integrations and click
- If you are not logged into Google, you should be prompted to do so. Once logged into Google, the following page will appear. Click
- Google Calendar will take a few moments to link with QuickDesk. When that’s completed, click
- You will see a new calendar called QuickCloud in your Google Calendar. You’ll find appointments, tasks, and events added from QuickDesk there.
SMS advertising and telemarketing is controlled in Singapore by a Do-Not-Call (DNC) regime under the Personal Data Protection Act. The DNC regime prohibits organizations from making such messages or calls to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed-line, residential, and business numbers, listed in the registry. Organizations that contravene this regulation may be subjected to fines.
DNC screening services help businesses identify telephone numbers listed on the registry so as to ensure compliance with the regulation. QuickDesk offers integration with a DNC screening service called SpiderGate (for customers in Singapore only), which checks and prevents users from making calls and messages to listed numbers.
If you’d like to sign-up for SpiderGate, please contact us at [email protected]!
Once you have an account at SpiderGate, you can set it up to work with QuickDesk:
- Access Settings from the top right hand menu, then go to the DNC Screening tab under Integrations and click
- You will be prompted to log into your SpiderGate/Hoiio account with your registered telephone number.
- Once logged in, the synchronization should begin automatically. If you have multiple accounts with Hoiio, select the one that has SpiderGate.
- SpiderGate will take a few moments to link with QuickDesk. When that’s completed, click
The audit log feature is a new addition in QuickDesk. With this feature, you will be able to see all changes, creation, and deletion of leads, appointments, and tasks. The audit log feature is able to record all actions dated after 14 November 2016.
To obtain your audit log for a certain month, follow these steps:
- Click on your username at the top right of the page and navigate to
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings and click on Audit Log; the page to the right will be updated with the audit log page.
- Select the month which you want to check and the type of logs you want to see (leads, tasks, or appointments)
- Once the file is ready, it will be shown below (see picture), click on the Actions drop-down menu and click
Downloadto save the log in your computer. Note that the downloaded log has a .csv file type.